Friday, August 3, 2012

Perfectly Plum


as part of birthday gifts, i like to make my own cards. in this case, i came across some pretty floral and shimmer plum/aubergine coloured paper. when i make my own cards, i use a lot of double-sided permanent tape! with this particular card, i used two sheets of 12 x 12 paper and two sheets of 8.5x11 paper. i found some pretty glitter ribbon , that wasn't too messy to work with and the double-sided tape stuck well to it. i always like to line my envelopes. i invested in a envelope liner kit from paper source and it has been the best 13 dollars i have ever spent. i use the templates all the time for card making and designing my own invitations. i try to make my cards fit the personality of the person receiving it. in this case, the birthday girl loves periwinkles and purples...so i picked a very modern floral print, remembering last year i stayed very classic and clean with my design...so this year, i decided to be BOLD!

No comments:

Post a Comment